FIVE+NONE BASSIST search
Five+None's current bassist is moving on to different opportunities, so we have some big shoes to fill! We're looking for a talented bassist, aged 15 - 19, who is looking to make a commitment to music and to the band. Five+None is a rock band through and through, and although we do play some covers, our primary focus is on writing, recording, and performing original music.
Five+None is looking for a bassist with an excellent work ethic who can commit to 2 - 3 rehearsals per week and is available for gig opportunities. Five+None is committed to rehearsing and performing sober and on time. We are looking for someone who wants to be a full equal partner in the band.
Five+None offers an opportunity to get in on a band on its way up. Five+None was a finalist this year in the Rebel 101.7 Real Rock Search, has a well-received EP already out, and is in process of writing and recording an album to be released in Spring 2020. Five+None has been working with Artist Alliance Ottawa on Artist Development and was selected to be part of the Ottawa Music Industry Coalition's From Emerging To Export program. As well, Five+None has received radio support from many college and community stations and LiVE 88.5.
How To Audition:
- Record a video of you playing bass on a song you believe to showcase your skills (this can be solo or to a backing track).
- Upload the video to YouTube or Google Drive.
- Insert the link to the video at the end of the form below.
- Fill out the rest of the form with information such as your musical background, your influences, and your availability.
- Send in the form! We'll get back to you regarding in person callbacks at the latest on June 12th.
Submissions for auditions with in person callbacks to follow. Five+None has a busy summer planned and is looking to get a new bassist started right away.
We can't wait to hear from you and meet our new bassist!